Thursday, July 18, 2013

Blargh!!!!!!!!!!

Day 700 of horrible icky sticky heat wave...(ok, gross exaggeration here...but FEELS like it) it was 80 degrees AND muggy this morning at 6 am which is when I became conscious of the alarm clock.

The store has air conditioning, kinda.  Corporate installed this horrible device that is supposed to somehow save money so the air turns off at night and doesn't turn back on until the computer tells it to...usually 8 am.    It is so humid and muggy in there in the mornings it smells terribly like a locker room.  The Coke coolers and the vet cooler have moisture running down the insides of them because of the drastic difference in temperature inside and outside the coolers.

So I unloaded a truck FULL of shit.  Then I sorted totes, then I sorted pallets, then I checked in UPS and Fed Ex, then the stupid Carry On Trailer truck came at 10 minutes til I was supposed to clock out...so I unloaded him, had an issue, had Jason (my buddy) help me out with said issue...and left half an hour late.

Am now exhausted.  Having drank sooo much water at work and sweated it all back out...despite supposed air conditioning....I think the energy management system needs to meet with an untimely demise.  A sledge hammer to the console might do it.

And of course, I am getting up at 4 am tomorrow to go back to the horrible muggy locker-room smelling place to put away freight and sweat some more....I deal with heat better than cold but this is ridiculous...especially when lots of days my job is go go go go go go go....I never seem to stop moving.

Maybe I just need an IV feeding me Slurpees all day long..or Margaritas...Margaritas would be the better of the two..make the day go by faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment